Friday, April 16, 2010

Admitting defeat..

... is never easy.
Sometimes things just don't work out the way you may have wished.
My high hopes have been dashed. I spoke too soon and now I'm regurgitating a bitter pill I had to swallow last week. What should have been a romantic sojourn to le beach resulted in loosing the war.


I have admitted defeat. Somethings are just too hard so what can I do but shrug my shoulders and square them again once more to enter the battlefield.

Sigh. Oh well, tonight I'm gonna cozy up with my dog, fortify myself in my studio and give my neglected sewing machine some overdue love.
In a way, it's nice to have my single life back. Oh fee oh fie. Whats a gal to do but keep on sewing! :)

2 comments:

teddybearswednesday said...

OH steph I'm so sorry to hear this.
really so sorry. big love to you xo

Allana said...

life sucks sometimes doesn't it!! I'm happy that you will be challenging all that energy into your sewing though - love the blanket animals!! :)