Sunday, June 21, 2009

One little Kitten has lost a mitten


To keep little hands warm I made these this weekend, up-cycled wool jumper, free embroidery and blanket stitch. Now I want some too!


I don't have a lot of contact with my family but received a lovely email from my Auntie Teresa today. We are the 'creative ones' in our family, she is an illustrator and talented artist. When I was growing up I wanted to be ..."an artist like Auntie T".
Here she is holding me circa 1979 in the only pic I have of me as a child.


I'm pretty chuffed to hear she has been reading my blog and think it would be lovely if she started her own. Hmmm, Chaucer move aside, lets have some Bath-time tales from the Roman city!

2 comments:

Umatji said...

Great mittens! I love them and want some too. What a fab idea. Great photo too. Look forward to the exciting new blog maybe hey?

Beck said...

Love the mittens...excellent idea. How lovely to have that close connection with your aunt, and what a cute baby you were! xox