Wednesday, May 20, 2009





Ah, the sun is shining, the sky is blue, the air is crisp, a steak and Guinness pie filling is bubbling away on the stove and I have a new stash of goodies! What more could a gal want?






I have been on a fruitless search this week for a family-size gate-leg dining table but no joy. I have one last trick up my sleeve before resorting to Ikea. I really resent having to buy something new and cheaply made instead of furniture pre-loved and full of stories.


On the plus side I got this stash of plates and saucers for $2 each from a local antique shop. What a bargain! I have plans for theses but I'm keeping them under my hat, needless to say my scheming has something to do with the Daylesford Makers Market.




And this gorgeous dress from Absinthe design in Daylesford, this wonderful store has really wowed me with some gems in the past and I can't wait to don this beautiful print.


I also spotted on my travels this wonderful old cash register, I can just imaging the 'ding' of its cash draw as we speak. I can't help fantasising about it appearing in my very own shop, along with rows of old fashioned lolly jars wouldn't it be just wonderful?



The box of delights pictured at the top of this post appeared atop my car yesterday, thanks Beck! It seems to be the week for yummy produce as more lovely friends and their food have been popping up, here is a lovely pic of Daylesford's cutest couple Kate and Brendan of Daylesford Organics as seen in our local paper (known for its odd posings of photographic subjects!). Their veggies and eggs grabbed awards at the foodie Vogue awards in Sydney. Well done you clever things!

Hmm, this natter is making me hungry, off to stir the pot!


5 comments:

Lark said...

Cute dress!!

Meg said...

K and B look so naughty in that photo, don't you think?? They're up to something, those two..

daylesford organics said...

Thanks Miss Doily for your kind words. It's all very exciting and a little bit overwhelming. I am so excited to see what you've been up to at the next Makers Market. All these clues are making me wonder. And as for you Miss Megland. You'll just have to keep wondering. X

Anonymous said...

I would open my own shop for the sole purpose of having somewhere to house that fantastic cash register.

Miss Oxford said...

That dress is so lovely - and the cash register is more than awesome. Beautiful...