Thursday, September 24, 2009

Doily Dresses

It's no secret I love a Doily. I'm also pretty partial to dresses. So imagine my excitement at the Doily Dress

I'm going to make my own Doily Dress. But in a slightly cuter little-girl-fashion than this one. In fact, I think I'm going to make a little girls Doily Dress out of these fabrics...

Perhaps something like this...Well, you get the general idea right?
Our local Vinnies op shop is always rubbish, they never have any nice fabrics in there and now I have discovered why. All these great fabrics and much more were hiding away, bagged up for rags! What!? When I bought 3 bags full of embroidered doilies, sheets and 70's doona covers the lady asked me quizzically if I had pets! Imagine! oh well, there's no accounting for taste eh?

1 comment:

Umatji said...

Very well dressed pets!